How to resolve an issue when activating or linking your Roku® streaming device
If you want to activate your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ then the first requirement is your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ must be linked with a Roku account. Now you must be thinking that what the role of Roku account here is? Well, Roku Account is simply a database that holds all the details about your Roku device including the channels installed in your device.
Furthermore, the Roku account also contains information like your preference settings etc. If you are looking for some hassle-free instructions that can help you to activate the Roku Device then you are at the right destination. Here we are providing some simple activation steps you can follow to accomplish the task.
Must Note that:
You never have to pay for:
- Creating a Roku account.
- Roku Device activation.
To complete the Roku device activation procedure, you have to log on to the Roku website i.e. roku.com/link first. Thereafter you need to enter the ROKU Link Code in the dialog box appear at the home screen. Don’t forget to type the Roku Code Link in form “XD12G”. Afterward, the Linking procedure will take place. Here in this article, you will get to know about the solutions of problems you may face while linking the ROKU Device.
While linking the device you may get such types of errors:
- I get an error when I enter the link code on the website
- I submit the link code, but my Roku device is freeze on the link code screen
Let’s talk about the solution now :
I get an error when I enter the link code on the website
After entering the ROLU Activation code in the dialog box if you get any pop up showing any type of error that the first thing you need to do is to re-enter the Roku Activation Code again. Sometimes due to spelling mistakes or temporary network or system error, this type of error occurs.
If still, the problem occurs, then you can follow the below-given steps:
- Press the star button (*) key available at the remote of your Roku device and then choose “Get a new code” option from the alternatives shown at the Roku device.
- Once you press the * button a new Roku Code will appear
- Go back to the website and enter this new code to link your device.
I submit the link code, but my Roku device is stuck on the link code screen
Due to network issue sometimes it happens that the device takes some time in completion of activation procedure. If still the error occurs then try the following solutions:
- First of all, make sure that all the activation steps are completed carefully and properly.
- If your Roku device gets no network to connect then the “Error 001” and the message “not connected” in the upper right corner of the TV screen will appear.
- If it happens then hit on Try again option
- You will surely be able to activate and link the device successfully.
If you still face any problem then you may contact the Roku Customer Support Executives by dialling 1-855-550-1955.